Jennifer L. Phillips
A graduate of Florida State University, Ms. Phillips received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre, cum laude, in 1993. After undergraduate studies, Ms. Phillips spent more than a year traveling the world before settling down in Florida. After her sabbatical, Ms. Phillips joined the Charlotte County Planning Department, working in the Geographic Information Systems and Technology department for two years. She earned her Juris Doctorate, with Honors, in 1999 from Florida State University. While at FSU, she honed her writing and editing skills as Executive Editor for The Law Review, which included presenting a paper on the liability of geographic information systems titled, “Information Liability: The Possible Chilling Effect of Tort Claims Against Producers of Geographic Information Systems Data,” 26 FSU Law Review 743 (1999).
Between studies and a heavy workload of extracurricular activities in Tallahassee, Ms. Phillips interned with the firm of Steel, Hector & Davis. Upon graduation, Ms. Phillips joined the law firm of Hill, Adams, Hall & Schieffelin as an Associate. She joined Grower Ketcham in 2003 and Ms. Phillips was made a partner in 2015. Ms. Phillips joined McEwan Martinez Dukes & Hall, PA in 2017.
As a member of McEwan Martinez Dukes & Hall’s experienced healthcare and medical malpractice team, Ms. Phillips is deeply involved in cases of medical malpractice and wrongful death and personal injury.
She is admitted to practice in Florida and in the United States District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida. She has membership in the Florida and Orange County Bar Associations. She is married with two children and counts traveling with her family, going to the theatre and work with Odyssey of the Mind as primary interests. The Phillips-Harrison family has visited Japan, Tanzania, Vietnam, Norway, Kenya, Peru, Costa Rica, Alaska,South Africa, China, and Egypt among numerous other destinations, and continue to travel when their busy schedule permits.
- Florida State University, B.A., cum laude, 1993
- Florida State University, J.D., with Honors, 1999
Core Practice Areas:
- Health law
- Hospital law
- Medical malpractice defense
- Wrongful death and personal injury
- 1998-1999 Law Clerk, Steal, Hector & Davis, LLP Tallahassee, Florida
- 1999-2003 Associate, Hill, Adams, Hall & Schieffelin, P.A. Orlando, Florida
- 2003-2015 Associate, Grower, Ketcham, Rutherford, Bronson, Eide & Telan, P.A. Maitland, Florida
- 2015 – 2017 Partner, Grower, Ketcham, Rutherford, Bronson, Eide & Telan, P.A. Maitland, Florida
- 2017 – present Associate, McEwan Martinez Dukes & Hall, PA
- “Information Liability: The Possible Chilling Effect of Tort Claims Against Producers of Geographic Information Systems Data,” 26 FSU Law Review 743 (1999).
Admissions, Memberships and Affiliations:
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Orange County Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Honors and Awards:
- Executive Editor, Florida State University Law Review (1998-1999)
- Notes & Comments Editor, Florida State University Law Review (1997-1998)